About the Role
AFCAMP is hiring a Peer Support Specialist to work with the Integrated Family Care and Support (IFCS) Program at Anthem Beacon Health Options. As a Peer Support Specialist you will be part of a team serving families referred by the Department of Children and Families (DCF). You will help families to develop solutions, will identify needs-based traditional and non-traditional community resources and supports, and will help promote resiliency and permanent connections for the family with an array of supports and resources within their community. Position requires travel primarily within DCF Region 2 (Milford, New Haven) with potential travel to other areas of the state, and will include the use of virtual platforms as may be required.
Preferred applicant will have lived experience in Connecticut’s Behavioral Health system, or will be a caregiver/family member of a person with such lived experience. Individuals from diverse backgrounds and/or bilingual (English/Spanish) are encouraged to apply.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a human services related field. May substitute high school diploma/GED with at least 4 years demonstrated success providing family advocacy or support.
Relevant Work Experience: Experience working in the educational or community system with Behavioral Health populations. Experience working with families in their homes and communities and familiarity with the Wraparound practice model.
Knowledge, skills and abilities: Strong written and oral communications skills. Proficient computer skills. Substantial familiarity with community resources in the New Haven area. Valid Driver's License.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Engage families through telephone, face-to-face and virtual contact as determined by the family’s Plan of Care and based on the individual/family specific needs.
• Maintain appropriate documentation by entering collected data into electronic systems.
• Assist the family with assembling, coordinating, and facilitating family team meetings.
• Assist the family with accessing programs/services to address their needs, including but not limited to mental health, substance use, domestic violence/intimate partner violence and parenting.
• Help the family build connections to non-traditional and faith-based supports and services.
• Participate in all training modules and activities required based on program needs and demands.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Email submissions only. You will be contacted if selected for further consideration.